Salt, as per taste
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Oil -2 tbsp
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
6 chopped green chili
Half an onion, medium, diced
1 red chilli
5 curry leaves
1 tsp Urad dal
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 Yellow Cucumber diced
1 Cup of Masoor dal
1. Preheat the liner; Turn on sauté mode and add the oil. Wait for the oil to heat up
2. Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. You will hear them splutter. Add Urad daal, curry leaves, and red chili. Wait for 1 min.
3. Add garlic, turmeric powder, onion and green chilies.
4. Add cucumber and daal and give it a good stir.
5. For one cup of daal, add 2 cups of water.
6. Pressure cook on Manual mode for 3 minutes with the whistle in Sealing mode. 7. NPR and open the lid after making sure the safety valve has dropped. 8. Stir in the salt and do a taste test.
Goes well with Rice and rotis.
Serves 4 adults Prep time: 10 mins.
Cooking time: 15 minutes (including ~12 mins of NPR)